CLIENT STORIES – VÄXJÖ GOLFKLUBB, VÄXJÖ, SWEDEN
Bridgetime Score lets members develop as bridge players
Växjö Golfklubb was founded in 1959 and the club has around 1,530 members. One of the club committees, the Oldboys committee, started playing bridge in the winter after the end of the golf season. This is what Per Sassner, one of the match directors, says about Bridgetime Score.
– 20 or so players registered in the first season, half of whom were absolute beginners at bridge. It was a challenge to get started with so many beginners, and we managed it by using the book ‘We play bridge 1’, with its CD and boards for the PC. Everyone practised at home, and at the club we played prepared boards according to the book.
– To develop our bridge with calculation of board results and comparison of how others were playing the boards, we trialled Bridgetime Score at the end of the spring season in 2018. The trial went so well that in autumn 2018 we introduced pairs tournaments using Bridgetime Score
– Everyone quickly learned how to use the tablets to enter contracts, opening leads and results. The players like seeing how others played the board after each one. This gives rise to instructive discussions between the players, which is good from the point of view of learning. The players also find it exciting to see their position in the tournament during the game, and they like the fact that the final results are shown on the tablet immediately after the tournament.
– The chance to see results, boards and how others played the boards at home on your PC afterwards is also good for our development as bridge players.
– Everything went so well that the Oldboys committee continued to use Bridgetime Score and is now in its second year.
MORE CLIENT STORIES
“Our tournament directors can now conduct a tournament with 15 minutes’ preparation and 15 minutes of work afterwards, with detailed results available on the web immediately for our members.”